Who am I?
Solo female embarking on solo post-breakup adventures. Hoping to “find myself”. And then give myself a good slap for using the phrase “find myself”. I hate “travelling”. I love being in new places! Unfortunately, until teleporters become standard issue, planes and trains will have to suffice. Some days I will be overjoyed, thankful for the amazing new opportunities that events in my life have transpired to present me with. Other days I will want to close my shiny new netbook & beat the irritating person next to me to death with it. I never know which kind of day it’ll be until I wake up and someone talks to me before coffee. And neither will you!
Why must the world endure my ramblings?
- I am too cheap to send postcards. Also, I have no intention of learning the word “stamp” in 27 languages 🙂 So I will be keeping family & friends updated on my travels via the powers of t’interweb.
- I think being a “travel blogger” rather than a “self-absored, unemployed, flashpacker”, will look better on my CV.
- I will be able to look cool and interesting, typing on my netbook, while dining/relaxing/drinking/being zen alone.
The ever-changing plan:
- 6 weeks in Eastern Europe
- Croatia, Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Hungary, Slovenia, Austria (okay, okay, it’s Central Europe, but it looks so pretty!)
- 3 week tour in China & Hong Kong
- Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Chengdu, Leshan & the Three Gorges, Yangshuo
- 6 weeks visiting friends in Australia
- Mainly Sydney & surrounding NSW, with a potential jaunt to Queensland
- 6 weeks re-visiting Japan
- Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and hopefully a million places in between